How to invite, create, and manage users and teams with the Users app
If you’re in a company administrator role, it’s your responsibility to make sure employee data is kept up to date. Creating and managing users and teams on the Tradeshift platform is now easier than ever with the Users app. You can access the app via the desktop version, or on iOS and Android devices. If you’re not in a company admin role, you will not be able to make changes to Users and Teams in the Users app.
To get started, search for the app in the available apps, and click "Open" or click here.
The app consists of two tabs, Users and Teams, each tab showing a list of users and teams, respectively. From the Users table, you can browse through the pages of users, or search for a particular user by clicking the magnifying glass and entering the search criteria. The Teams table can also be searched and browsed in the same way.
To change users settings:
- Click on a username to open a new screen
- Click any blue Add button to add a setting value, relating to accounting and approval settings, roles, and team memberships
- Click the Edit icon (crayon) to change an existing setting value
- Click the Delete icon (trashcan) to remove an existing setting value
To change teams settings:
- Click on a Team name in the Teams overview to open up the summary screen
- Click Edit Team to change the name and description of that Team
- Click Enable or Disable Team to toggle the state of that Team
- Click Add member to open a search panel to find a user you'd like to make a member of this Team
To add a new team member:
- Click the “Add user” button located on the top right of the screen.
- Search for the user you want to invite to your company account.
- If the user already exists on the Tradeshift platform, you will be able to add that user and invite them to your company (some information about them will be pre-filled, like the name and email address).
- If the user doesn't exist on the Tradeshift platform, they will receive an invitation to join the network in their inbox. All they have to do is then click the link, set a password and they will be added to your company.
On both the Users and Teams overview pages, buttons titled Create User and Create Team are available to users with the company admin role.
The Create User flow will invite a user to join your Tradeshift company. This functionality is new to the Users app and is more conveniently relocated from the Company Profile.
You can also create a new team, give your new team a name and a description. You can then add new users to your team.
Please note that it is not possible to delete users directly from Users app. To learn how to delete a user from your company account using the Profile app, please access this article.
1 people found this helpful.